Hunting is a sport that would never go out of fashion. It provides an avenue for you to bond with your best buddies and as such, who wouldn’t cherish an opportunity to capture the best and most embarrassing moments?
Have you ever come back from a hunt and wished you could show your homies what went down instead of just telling them? Yeah. We know that feeling too and how painful it can be when all you have is word of mouth and no proof to show off your skills. Really painful.
So what do you do? Buy a DSLR and take it along with you? But what if it falls when you’re trying to run? What if it rains? Or what if your game outsmarts you and runs off with it? Maybe that’s too much imagination but there’s a possibility of any of these happening so what on earth should you do?
Get a Tactacam! The cylindrical camera was designed specially to give hunters an opportunity to not only share their hunting tales but also their tapes. These portable cams come in different models so before you run off to Amazon, here’s a breakdown of all that you need to know.
Table of Contents:
- Tactacam 2.0: Cheapest Hunting Camera
- Everything you need to know about Tactacam
- How do I set up Tactacam 4.0?
- How to set up my Tactacam via Bluetooth?
- How do I change the date and time of Tactacam?
- How do you zoom on the Tactacam?
- How do you view the videos on your Tactacam?
- How long does it take to charge a Tactacam?
- Is there a way to know when my Tactacam is fully charged?
- How do you dismantle the Tactacam?
- How can I attach a Tactacam to a rifle?
- Final Words
|Model||Zoom||Resolution||Compatibility with Wi-Fi and mobile app||SD Card||Slow Motion Recording|
|Tactacam 5.0 (Editor’s Choice)||8X||4k||Yes||64 GB included||Yes|
|Tactacam 4.0 (Editor’s Choice)||5X||2.7k||Yes||64 GB included||Yes|
|Tactacam 3.0||5X||2.7k||No||8 GB included||No|
|Tactacam 2.0||5X||1080p or 720p||No||8 GB included||No|
|Tactacam Solo||3X||1080p||Yes||32 GB included||No|
Is that worth it?
If you didn’t think of it before now, Tactacams not only give you videos to show off, they could literally save a life. If there happens to be an attack, the camera would not fail to do its sole duty: RECORD, so even if you get dragged off, your faithful cam would stay behind, waiting for a rescue team to come see what happened.
The 5.0 is hands-down the best hunting package from Tactacam. With a brilliant lens feature, it adapts to day and night vision leaving you in awe. What’s even better is that it comes with a bow mount so the recording is not restricted to any weapon.
This package was specifically built for hunters who prefer the bow to the rifle and as such, it comes with a camera bag and decal amongst the other constant items you find in a Tactacam product.
The model 4.0 which is probably the most purchased version of all the Tactacams comes with almost all that you’d need from setting up to recording to viewing the videos. Like every other Tactacam product, it is resistant to water and moisture and allows connectivity via Wi-Fi.
The portable and affordable 3.0 cam provide you with the basic qualities you need in a hunting camera. It can be used with a rifle or bow but you would have to purchase the bow mount separately.
The much older 2.0 version offers hunters and sportsmen a relatively good recording feature. It is easy to set up, mount and control. For those who just want footages of their expedition not minding high quality this is a go-to option.
Here is everything you need to know about Tactacam
You already know that Tactacams are portable but what you may not know is that you don’t even have to carry them on your body or place them somewhere. Your rifle is the perfect cam holder!
We’d be providing elaborate answers to all the questions popping up in your mind right now but before that, these are the basic features every Tactacam package offers its users:
- Full HD zoom
- A weatherproof mic that rotates 360°
- Not less than two hours record time on a fully charged battery.
- Adaptable to any weapon.
How do I set Tactacam up 4.0?
One thing we love about the Tactacams is that unlike other hunting cameras, they are easy to set up. Here are the steps to guide you in setting up your new Tactacam:
- After purchasing the 4.0 version, try to charge it before use (ignoring this step won’t put the camera at risk though).
- Push the cap at the end to reveal the rear camera.
- If you want to change the SD card, go ahead and do so as the one provided is only 8 GB.
- Turn on the camera by pushing the big power button on the side. Wait for it to vibrate and a green light circling the power button would come on. Your recording has begun.
- To turn it off, hold the power button for about 3 seconds and watch the green light go off.
- If you just want to pause the recording, briefly push the power button. The green light would remain on but would cease blinking.
How to set up my Tactacam via Bluetooth
Well, the Tactacam allows connectivity but instead of going the Bluetooth route, it uses Wi-Fi and an app too!
What type of SD Card is needed?
How do I change the date and time of Tactacam?
To set the date and time on the 4.0, all you have to do is connect it to the app on your phone. It would automatically sync with your phone and correct the date and time. For the 3.0 and 2.0, you’d have to download and install a file on the SD card. After that, connect the camera to your computer system via the USB port to gain access to the file.
How do you zoom on the Tactacam?
How do you view the videos on your Tactacam?
After a successful hunt, you can watch the videos by:
- Connecting it to your PC via the USB cable.
- Connecting it to your smartphone using the Tactacam mobile app.
- Connecting it to an HD TV. In this case, you would need to purchase an HDMI cable because the camera doesn’t come with any.
How long does it take to charge a Tactacam?
Is there a way to know when my Tactacam is fully charged?
How do you dismantle the Tactacam?
In order to mount an SD card or clean the separate parts, you’d have to open up the camera. To gain access to the the ports, push up the lock on the rear end and you could detach the parts by rotating them. However, do not try to open up the camera to fix anything internally. In case of damage, refer to the company website.
How can I attach a Tactacam to a rifle?
Of the available hunting cameras, Tactacam has no doubt, impressed us with all the amazing features embedded in their several camera packages especially the most recent 5.0 package which has given hunters and sportsmen all they could ask for in a camera. There has been no new yet from the company regarding an upgrade but we looking forward to a package that would be more like the smartphone, effectively combining all the features we didn’t even think were necessary.
While we wait, it would be a good idea to maximize the packages we already have. Clearly, the Tactacam 5.0 tops the list but for hunters on a budget, any of the other packages would do just fine.