Thanks to technology, security has become far more convenient than ever. With the advent of automatic door locks and remote locking and unlocking of doors, we no longer need keys as much as we used to.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Comparison Table for the 5 Best Automatic Door Locks
- Review of the Best 5 Automatic Door Locks
- Types of Automatic Door Locks
- Benefits of Automatic Door Locks
- Installing Automatic Door Locks In Place of Manual Ones
- Automatic Car Door Locks
- How to Disable Automatic Door Locks In a Chevy Silverado
COMPARISON TABLE FOR THE 5 BEST AUTOMATIC DOOR LOCKS
|Product name||Remote function||Number of access codes||Low-battery indicator||Priced below $100|
|Kwikset 98880-004 SmartCode 888 (Editor’s Choice)||YES||30||NO||NO|
|Schlage FE595VCAM619ACC Camelot Keypad Entry (Editor’s Choice) ||NO||2||YES||YES|
|Schlage BE365CAM619 Be365 Camelot Keypad Deadbolt||NO||19||YES||YES|
|Kwikset 909 SmartCod |
e Electronic Deadbolt
|TurboLock Keyless Electronic Keypad Entry Door Lock Smart Knob||NO||10||YES||YES|
REVIEW OF THE BEST 5 AUTOMATIC DOOR LOCKS
Owing to the vast number of options now available, choosing automatic locks for your home or office may be quite a challenge. To ease the stress, we have reviewed the top five, clearly stating their strengths and weaknesses so that you can make an informed choice.
Kwikset 98880-004 SmartCode 888 Smart Lock Touchpad Electronic Deadbolt Door Lock– Overall smartest automatic front door locks
Kwikset has stormed the market with this. Featuring cutting-edge Z-Wave Plus setup (the latest and best in wireless building automation technology), it is the smartest, safest and most convenient option to secure your front door. You can integrate it with smart home system using Home Connect technology for automatically locking deadbolt remotely, as well as unlocking it, through your mobile device. Install this tamper-resistant smart lock in a few seconds without any wiring connection. Only locks with Z-Wave and Z-Wave Plus technology are compatible with Ring, and for that reason, the Kwikset SmartCode 888 has yet another edge over the other door locks.
This battery-powered keypad lock is stylish, easy to install, and extremely simple to use, with no wiring required. It comes preprogrammed with two ready-to-use access codes. As long as you don’t require a remote operation, this lock is perfect to contribute to the stylish outlook of your door.
The heavy-duty metal construction and versatility of the Schlage Camelot Keypad Deadbolt make it a great choice for both interior and exterior use. Above all, it is quite affordable for the range of features it presents.
Using minimal battery power, this electronic deadbolt lock provides secure access to your doors. Its efficiency, simple installation, and user-friendliness make it a wonderful option when it comes to automatic front door locks.
TurboLock Keyless Electronic Keypad Entry Door Lock Smart Knob – Most affordable keyless door lock option, perfect for rooms inside
This highly affordable, completely keyless keypad doorknob is simple to install, clean and convenient. It is one of the best locks for home doors, especially those inside the house. It is simple to install and program with codes ranging from 6 to 15 digits long. The backup battery pack provides additional assurance in case you forget to change the batteries when the battery-low warning comes up.
TYPES OF AUTOMATIC DOOR LOCKS
Electric Deadbolt Locks
Electric Strike Locks
Magnetic Shear Locks
BENEFITS OF AUTOMATIC DOOR LOCKS
Keyless entry door locks are gaining popularity for the following reasons:
- Automatically triggered once door is shut
- More convenient and secure
- Some can be managed remotely
- Controlled property access
- No key loss issues
INSTALLING AUTOMATIC DOOR LOCKS IN PLACE OF MANUAL ONES
Automatic door locks come in different shapes, sizes, and styles. But in general, here’s what to bear in mind for their installation:
- Step 1: Remove the current manual lock on your door by unscrewing it.
- Step 2: Remove the latch by unscrewing it. Now the coast is clear for the installation of your new automatic door lock.
- Step 3: Install the door latch/plunger that comes with the automatic lock by sliding it into the door and ensuring that its middle hole is centered within the hole in the door. If it isn’t, remove the latch and rotate the mechanism 180º till the hole is centralized, and then slide the latch in again, ensuring that it is right-side-up.
- Step 4: Screw the latch to the door with the two small screws that come with the kit.
- Step 5: Starting on the inside of the door, screw on the mounting plate of your new automatic lock to the keypad placed on the outside using long screws. Use the specific instructions that come with your model to guide you.
- Step 6: Adjust and align as needed. Insert batteries and enjoy the keyless lifestyle.
AUTOMATIC CAR DOOR LOCKS
Automatic car door locks are unique in that they are built into the car’s mechanism and run on its battery. If you have locks not working, there are a few things you may want to consider even before you call in an expert.
- The battery in your key fob may be weak.
- Your key fob may be faulty.
- Try the doors. If they all don’t work, you might need a fuse replacement.
- If the other doors work, the solenoid of the particular door that’s not working may need to be replaced.
- Manually work the lock back and forth. If it creaks, the automatic car door locks mechanism may be frozen and in need of defrosting.
- Try spraying some lubricant and let it sit for about 10 minutes, and then try opening the door.
HOW TO DISABLE AUTOMATIC DOOR LOCKS IN A CHEVY SILVERADO
To disable the locks in a Chevy Silverado:
- Turn OFF the ignition.
- Pull the turn signal/multifunction lever back towards you and turn the ignition ON and then OFF twice.
- With the ignition turned OFF, let go of the turn signal lever. The lock mechanism should lock and unlock, the horn should chirp once. A 30-second timer will begin at the same time. That’s when you can reprogram the automatic door locks.
Automatic door locks present a new level of innovation and security for homes, offices, cars, and safes. In these fast-paced times, smartness is a huge advantage to keep you assured and stress-free. Also, as security concerns grow on a daily basis, installing automatic door locks can give you that much-needed peace of mind.